Participating Venue Access
St. Mark’s Chapel, Eastern Road, Brighton, BN2 5JN
Tel: +44(0)1273 699223
The Spire’s access statement including pictures of the venue can be viewed here.
Getting to and from the Venue
- There are no blue badge bays around the venue.
- Parking in the surrounding streets is restricted to residents only (zone H) and pay and display bays (2 or 4 hours maximum stay) between 09:00 and 20:00 daily.
- The closest bus stop is St Mary’s Hall on Eastern Road, directly outside The Spire. Buses servicing this stop include; 1, 1A, 7, 14B, 14C, 23, 27C, 47, 52, 57, 71, 73, 94A and N7.
- The closest train station is Brighton Station. Southern Railway offer a handy guide to Brighton Station including timetables, or visit National Rail.
- There is a BTN Bikeshare hub located on Rock Street across the street from The Spire. For pricing and to download the app visit btnbikeshare.com.
- The ground between the street and the venue’s front doors is tarmac. It has a rough surface and is uneven underfoot.
- The width of the front door is 120cm.
- There is a shallow step in the entrance lobby. Staff will be nearby to offer assistance if required.
- The flooring in the entrance lobby includes; lino, carpet, flagstone and door matting.
Inside the Venue
- The auditorium where the performance will take place has a flat lino and concrete floor.
- It is usually set out with rows of chairs. The width between the aisle is a minimum of 1.2m wide.
- An accessible Porta-loo toilet will be provided.
- There will be a bar in the venue. The bar area is well lit and has a level concrete floor. There are café-style tables and chairs which can be moved. The chairs have no arms.
- The venue has a T-Loop system.
- Seating will be available during the performance.
- Doors open at 19:00 with the performance beginning at 19:30 and lasting 50 minutes. The bar will be open throughout.
- There will be loud music throughout the performance with flashing/strobing lights. Smoke/haze is also used.