Project Assistant – Cryptic
Cryptic – Project Assistant (6 month placement) supposed through the Paid Work Placement Programmed funded by Glasgow City Council.
To apply the following eligibility criteria is required:
- Have a Glasgow City Council Postcode – proof of address required
- Unemployed and not in education – Students are not eligible for a paid work placement
- Barriers to employment
- Aged 16-67 – proof of age required
- Right to work in the UK – exclusions apply, please check you are eligible before applying.
To apply, please go to the Glasgow Chamber of Commerce website.
Closing Date: 11 Janaury 2024 18:00
Anticipated Interview Date 15 February 2024
Anticipated Start Date 26 February 2024
Cryptic are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Project Assistant to join our small, busy arts company based in Glasgow City Centre. We have a core team of six people and employ many freelance artists and contractors throughout the year. Knowledge of the arts sector is not essential. We are looking for a person who has an interest in the arts, is pro-active, learns quickly and values excellence.
Every day at Cryptic is different – one day you might be organising an artist’s trip to Argentina and the next logging company financial expenditure or helping promote one of our many exciting events throughout the year. Day to day, you will support the full team and ensure the smooth running of our busy office. This will involve marketing and project specific tasks across our three main programmes of work: Cryptic Nights, Cryptic Artists and Sonica. These three programmes are key to Cryptic’s mission. Cryptic Artists nurtures new talents. Cryptic Nights supports the artistic development of Scottish-based performers and the biennial Sonica Glasgow festival presents an 11-day programme of international audiovisual art and performance featuring new and established artists.
Established in 1994, Cryptic is Scotland’s internationally renowned home of audiovisual performances and experimentation. Based in Glasgow but with a global reach, Cryptic presents and promotes the most dynamic talents of today and tomorrow as they explore new dimensions in live music, visual and sonic arts and performance, transforming existing spaces, dazzling the senses, stimulating thought and provoking conversation.
To date Cryptic has programmed 2,000 + artists, whose work has been seen by over 1.2 million people in 32 countries.
The following is a typical list of duties for a Project Assistant. The list is not exhaustive and other duties of a similar type and level may be required:
- Assist in the administration and delivery of Sonica, Cryptic Nights and Cryptic Artists programmes;
- Maintain schedules and contact lists;
- Assist in artist accommodation and travel arrangements for visiting guests/artists;
- Assist in preparing artist travel packs and welcome packs;
- Artist liaison: welcome visiting guests/artists – meeting at airports , assist in looking after artists’ needs;
- General office administration including answering the phone and dealing with enquiries, filing, photocopying, maintaining office supplies, sourcing production materials
- Work closely with the Administrator for the recording of all income and expenditure, including scanning and digitisation of paperwork.
- Assist in the distribution of printed and digital marketing materials, working closely with the Marketing Officer;
- To assist in preparing additional printed materials such as audience feedback forms, press packs, programmes and signage;
- Ensure Front of House displays, posters and other marketing materials are up-to-date and regularly re-stocked.
- Assist in digital marketing across email, web, social and emerging media;
- Collation and filling of press cuttings;
- To assist with Front of House duties, particularly answering audience enquiries; programme distribution, and set up and tidying of all public areas as required;
- To assist with hospitality duties at event openings, particularly set up and tidying of all areas as required
- Learn data entry and maintenance of our CRM
You will be supported throughout your time at Cryptic with on-the-job training and mentoring. All employees and contractors adhere to and promote Cryptic’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equalities and Access (IDEA) Plan and Carbon Management Plan.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
What we’re looking for:
- Someone interested in a career in arts administration and has a passion for the arts;
- A good level of computer literacy;
- A lively personality;
- Good interpersonal skills with a professional approach;
- A good level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Good organisation skills and an ability to work to deadlines;
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own;
What will you learn?
- Experience of working within a fast paced office environment;
- Experience of working within a small arts team;
- An insight into how to plan and deliver successful projects and performances;
- An insight into working with artists across a diverse artistic programme;
- How to make marketing campaigns more accessible for diverse audiences;
- An understanding of widespread and targeted digital and traditional advertising techniques;
- Data analytics and evaluation of campaigns, digital and live experiences;
- Best practice in delivering excellent customer service
Number of Hours Per Week 21 hours per week = 26 week placement
Working pattern and contracted hours (including any shift patterns)
3 days between Monday to Friday. 10am – 6pm (1 hour for lunch). Occasional evening work may be required to attend Cryptic events.
Salary:£10.90 per hour
Job Location and Address
|CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street
|Placement will be office based